Monday, July 25, 2011

July 11, 2011

Well Hello dearest family of mine!
Things are going so good! I don't think that there would be any other thing or way I would want to do besides end my mission in this way! I ended up getting trasfered out of Tuscaloosa but i don't really mind due to the fact of where I was put in. I am back in Montgomery! I am so excited! There is so much potential here right now that I just can't even hold in my excitment. We have 3 baptismal dates and we have a family that we are working with. She is someone that I wasn't working with when I was here before but that was just barely found. She has 5 kids and a boyfriend that she doesn't live with which is so so so surprising with hispanics! She was at church this past sunday for her first time with her boyfriend who is Ruben. Her kids were in Texas so they didn't come.
Another man that we are working with is named Luis. He lives with one of our Recent Converts named Jose. Jose is the one with the son that we worked alot with when I was here last time. Luis was a man that I invited to church probably about every week I was here but he never came because he was drinking! but now he has given that up! he hasn't drank in about 2 months and he has come to church twice and has a baptismal date and loves it! He is reading the Book of Mormon, saying his prayers! All of it! He is a completely different man. I love the things that the gospel does to change peoples lives.
O man! Sorry MaryAnn I lied to you there has been a crazy adventure. When I got here I found out that we aren't living with the Jacksons any more but that we are staying in a place that we call "The Mansion" because it is so huge! it is a four bedroom, living room,dining room, kitchen. one and a half bath, with a laundry room house! It is huge and it is owned by a member. When I get here we get straight to work and we don't have a car. It is a biking area all day basically. So we are biking and I am sweating like crazy because it is so hot and humid here. So we come in for the night and I go to take a shower right cuz I am sweaty and gross. Well I pull back the shower curtain and all I see is MOLD!!!! So so so much mold all over the shower/tub. I was so grossed out. So I showed in it that night and the next morning and when I went to do it the second night i just couldn't handle it anymore so I got out and grabbed a brush and just stared scrubbing! I think I was in the shower for about 15 min just scrubbing the whole time getting rid of all of the mold. It was so gross. But now it is clean and I can shower in peace. I should have taken a picture but there just wasn't time. It had to get scrubbed. haha
Things are doing really good though. I am sad that I don't get to go on anymore teamups with spencer. I am really glad for the many different ways that he helped us out. Thankyou so much Spencer.
I love you all and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Love Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment