Monday, July 25, 2011

July 18, 2011

Dear Family,
Things are going really good here! We are having lots of really good success lately! We have had some pretty good lessons and are constantly finding new people to teach. Luis came to church again which was really good. He should be baptized on the 30th of July! He is such a different man than when I knew him from my last visit here.
I have really enjoyed being back to Montgomery. I just love the people down here and I hope that I will be able to be a help to them this time around.
We went to a District meeting on Wednesday and learned about revelation through prayer! It was a really good experience. afterwards though we were getting ready to leave and some elders were trying to get me to ride down the stairs on my bike and i k now that I wouldn't be able to do it, so I told them no. They kept trying and I kept telling them no. Finally I gave into their peer pressure and tried it. Well it definalty did not work just like I knew it wouldn't. I ended up flipping over my handle bars, getting a good scrape on my elbow and a huge bruise on my hip from hitting the cement. I will send a picture of it next week. It is a pretty good bruise. So I learned a really good lesson last week. Don't ever give in to peer pressure. If you are sure that it isn't good for you or it is against your standards don't do it. I knew that I would get hurt trying to ride down the stairs but I still tried it and all that happened was I got hurt pretty bad.
Since I have been here in Montgomery we have ridden about 200 miles on our bikes! We ride our bikes everywhere. We don't really have a car. It is so crazy! It has been raining like every day and it is hot when it isn't raining but it has been lots of fun! I love riding my bike. It is a really good bike. we have been through a lot of miles together. I have been trying to find out how much it will cost to send it hope and as of right now it will be anywhere from 50 to a hundred $. I still Have $40 so I might need a little more but when I find out I will let you know.
Sorry this one is short. i will do better next week.
I love you all!
Love Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment