Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 25,2010

Dear Family,
Well it has been a pretty exciting week! We had a few good experiences that have made me even more excited about the work! We have our english classes that we teach during the week to those that want to learn. We have a pretty good amount of people come, usually 5 to about 10. Well the week before this one we happened to tract into one of our students and we taught him about the Book of Mormon and gave him a copy. He said he would read it cuz he liked to read. So yesterday I asked him how it was coming and he said that he had read the first 5 or so chapters and he was able to tell me names and events of things that happened and I was so excited for him. His name is Emigdio and he is from Guatemala. I am really excited for him. We set an appointment to go back and see him today!
I love teaching the english class. I feel like it is a really good and easy way to talk about the gospel. We do a lot of really good things in there that help other know a little about our church. For example, next week we are going to teach them how to pray in english. In Huntsville we taught them about the church so that when they visited they would know who the Bishop was and what the sacrament was and things like that. I just love it a lot.
Things are happening a little different this Transfer period because the new missionaries aren't coming in until Wednesday night instead of tuesday night so transfers aren't until Friday so I still don't know who my new companion is going to be. I will let you know next monday!
It is starting to get a little more chilly now so it is going to be a lot of fun being on the bikes for the winter down here. i woke up this morning with a little cold. my throat is sore and my head feels like a balloon so hopefully that will be gone before tommorrow.
Oh This is pretty cool. There is an English missionary here in Montgomery that is from Rexburg and knows Mason. By knows Mason I mean he hung out with him and went snowboarding with him. His name is Alex Mueller. He is a really fun kid and a hard worker. it was pretty fun when we put the two together. I love meeting people from Idaho. It is such a good state in my opinion.
We had a really good Multi-Zone conferenct this week in which president Holzapfel told us that we were going to be putting the cars away a lot more and riding our bikes more. He told us a cool expericnce of when he was called to be the Mission President. He said that when he got the call President Eyering gave it to him and said the Lord had woken him up at 3 in the morning to tell president Eyering what to tell president Holzapel. President Holzapfel said one of those things was that we need to tract for Salvation. So we are going to do it and I am super excited.
That is about it for this week though. I will talk to you all later. thanks for all the letters from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment