Tuesday, April 5, 2011

February 28, 2011

Dear Family,
Well it has been yet another really good week! We have been able to see a lot of success as we have worked hard and tried our best to help those that we are teaching. We had a good amount of things happen that are both good and bad. It has been fun to see people progress and find answers and apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives.
Since President Holzapfel arrived the mission has been making alot of changes, not only for our mission but they are changes that are taking place world wide. One of those changes has been that the investigatoes have to see why the things that we are teaching them are important and how it can grow their faith. For example Why do we teach people the Word of Wisdom. Will them knowing about the word of wisdom save them from Hell? It is a tricky question. The thing that will save them is knowing that joseph smith was a prophet and that the Lord restored his chruch. It is pretty hard to do sometimes but I have been able to see the difference in teaching people this new way. I used to try to tell people we don't drink coffee because its bad for us. I was trying to convince them that it was for worldly reason that we lived the Word of Wisdom but when it comes down to it. We live the Word of Wilsdom becuase God told us to and when we don't do it we are sinning by being disobedient. As I have been able to help our investigatores see that then they have the opportunity to test their faith and grow from living these different principles.
Like I said last week. This is Transfer week and today was the day that we got our call. As it turns out I am leaving. I won't know untill Wednesday who my new campanion is along with my new area so I will let you all know next week. We almost didn't find out about transfers this morning. When the assistants tried to call us the phone didn't work and we never recieved their call so everyone knew what was going on but us. We didn't find out until about 2:30 so now we will have to pack really fast. Also the Spanish missionaries will no longer be living with the Jacksons. They are going to be putting the English Elders back in with the Jacksons so we have to pack all of our stuff and go move into another house owned by a member where the new Elder and Elder Abac will be living with the Zone Leaders. Lots of packing is going to be happening the next couple of days!
The Ascencios came to chruch this last Week and enjoyed it but they also have a lot of questions for us they said, so we will be going over on tuesday to answer their questions!
Also we have a Less Active member that we found and he has been coming to church and he has been coming with roommates and we have been able to teach them! IT has been great! I am super excited for all of these people. I hope that they will be able to see the truths of the message and let it change their hearts and bless their lives.
It is time to sign off though! I love all of you and I hope that All is good. I am glad that Tyson was able to get a job! It is good to know that the Lord is looking out for us.
I love you all!
Con Amor,
Elder Haws.

No comments:

Post a Comment