Monday, June 20, 2011

June 13, 2011

Dear Family,
Well I am very gratefull that all is well with everything that has been happening with the fire and all. I am gratefull that the evacuation is lifted and that hopefully it is getting put out. Thank you everyone for the hugs and the loves and the gifts that weren't sent to me in various ways! Aunt Dorie just wanted to let you know that I got your hug from Spencer. Thank you for that.
We had a really good Zone Conference this last friday where we were trained on Baptism and how it all works. We learned how to invite someone to be baptised and how to resolve their concernces then we learned how to do the actuall ordinance. Elder Chow and I and Elder Harrison (my MTC companion who is now an assistant) demonstrated how to baptised. It was actually kind of fun being baptized again aside from saying the prayer of course. Then we talked about how we can help keep the new members strong in the gosple. It was a really good Zone Conference.
Then we had an AMAZING sunday!! We have been working with this part member family for so long. The dad is a member and he lives with his wife, his son and his daughter-in-law with their two kids, his daughter and son-in-law with their son, who is 13, then he has two more sons. Huge family. Missionaries have been trying to teach them for over a year. Well Elder Chow and I finally realized that all his kids had no idea why we kept going over there. They all thought it was to see their dad. Which is true but not really. So we started teaching his son, Lalo and his wife, Mary. They have been doing really good. They love it when we come over. We have only been teaching them for a week and they came to church this week! I was so excited! They really enjoyed it as well. They also wanted us to come back and they want to keep coming to church! I love it. They gospel is just so great especially when people get it. We are still finding alot of people to teach. We haven't had a time so far this transfer where we haven't had a full day planned. We have been so busy that we haven't had time to tract which is awesome.
I am doing really well. I haven't been sick or gotten hurt or anything. I am getting a little on the chubby side. I will try to fix that though.
Thanks for all your support. I love you all
Love Elder Haws.

No comments:

Post a Comment