Monday, June 20, 2011

May 31, 2011

Dear Family
We had a good week this week, We had transfers and my old companion went home so I naturally got a new companion. His name is Elder Chow. He is half taiwaines. He doesn't speak chinese. He is really fun and a super good missionary. We have been working really hard and I am super excited to see what comes from it.
We finally found Maria and Martin! They were a couple that we were working with a lot that we lost when the tornado ruined their apartments. The other day though we saw some hispanics leaving a duplex that we had never knocked on before so when we went back Maria answered and I was so so happy! We had a pretty good lesson with them. It was so comforting knowing that they were ok.
We had a good memorial day weekend. Since memorial day is on a monday none of the hispanics worked so we were able to play soccer with them! normally we can't play because we can only play on mondays and they are always working, but this time it worked out. We set up a good game of soccer with some of our investigatores and ward members. We played a game of soccer to 5. 6 on 6 and then we ate some food afterwards. It was very positive and very fun. Everyone wants to do it more and it is a great way to get investigatores to meet members. I hope we can continue to do it. I loved playing soccer so much. It was super hot but way fun. Spencer came along with a few other american members. It was a really nice time.
We are teaching a girl named San. She is english work but is doing really well. We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and by the time we went back she had read 14 chapters in it. She is 21 and wants to go to the military and is wanting to fix her life a lot. She has already started before we even found her with a few things.
I love seeing people change for the better. I have learned one thing on my mission for sure and it is that the end of the story isn't written yet. That what is in the past is done but what is in the future is to be decided. We finish the book how we want to. I know that we can always be better and that is why we are here on this earth. We are here to improve. To better ourselves and those around us. I love seeing these people doing that. I love doing that myself.
I love the mission! I love my family. I love every single one of you. really it is true.
Love ELder Haws.

No comments:

Post a Comment