Monday, June 20, 2011

April 11, 2011

Dear Family!
Man I can't believe that another week has passed by. It is sure crazy how fast time is going by. We had a good week. It was started out rough for us. On preparation day we were playing us some intense Disc Golf and I hurt spranged my ankle pretty good so I had to take it easy Tuesday but we worked through it and all is well. Just a little bit of RICE ( rest, ice, compression, elevation) and I was set to go.
The Spencer and his family came to a birthday party of my companions that was put on by some of the members on tuesday and it was a lot of fun. We were able to share a good lesson there with on of thier friends who isn't a member. Hey mom before I forget. How do you make Frito pie? I have been wanting to eat it for a long time but can't remember how to make it. Anyway so at the party we set up a lesson with spencer to come out with us on friday and it went really well. They are a young couple that have kids in the same age area and everything. Spencer and them got a long really well. We are hoping to go back soon and then try to get them to go to their house for a lesson so that they can meet Gretta. They ( the investigatores) are doing really well to. They have kept their past few reading assignments and are really liking what they are reading. I really hope that they can continue to progress. I know it will bless them so much in their lives.
We found out that Elder Lindemann and I will be staying together for his last transfer here in Tuscaloosa! I am really excited. We get a long really well and we both have the some work ethics and everything. It is going to be a great transfer. I just hope that we will be able to do all that we can so that he can go home with a baptism. We have gotten a few referrals from the members that we have been able to teach and they are doing really well to. One of the referrals is from a small town called Demopolis which is in south alabama but on the western side and they are from Casa Grande! We go down every sunday with the branch president and teach them so hopefully they will accpt the invitation to be baptised soon aswell.
Things are going really well though. It was really good to hear from all of you this week. I really love getting all the little updates and all the helpfull advice aswell. I will get the stuff done with college as soon as I can so that it will be there before the 15th but I can't promise anything. My address here though if you need it again is 1433 Hargrove rd E apt 11 Tuscaloosa Al 35045
Hope you all have a great Week!
Love Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment